Thursday, June 21, 2007

Awe

It's awesome how the universe unfolds sometimes, isn't it? One minute, you're at your wits end about something, say a job, and the next, you have an idea of what's to come.

Less than 48 hours ago, I was facing a future of uncertainty about my career. Then I got the call I dreamed of and was offered a position with the BC government doing communications for the Education department. Otherwise known as my dream job.

Less than 48 hours ago, I was freaking out because I couldn't see how I was to move myself to BC on such short notice. Now, I have my flight paid for, a rental car, moving expenses paid, and a hotel to stay at. AND the gem at HR has asked every other communiations officer in the BC government if anyone knows of an apartment for me. I have 15 leads!

Besides that initial evening of stress and tears, this has turned out to be a smooth move so far. Things are coming into place quickly and with the greatest of ease! Even a guy I just started to see is cool with me going and says he's coming for a visit! Life is looking rosier every day!

So in a week, I am moving to Victoria. Not sure how much I'll be blogging about the move and my take on the city. But I'll be back. With curly hair thanks to the rainy days, a better job, and a brand new spring in my step.

High Kick of Happiness!

xoxoSallyt

No comments: