Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tales from the Tina Files Part 3

It was a momentous afternoon just now. Byron and I went down to the landlord, Rat Tail, to deliver our notice that we are leaving this godforsaken shitheap. His door was wide open, so I sent Byron to venture in the doorway to deliver the letter. I stayed behind and held my tongue, in case Rat Tail or the Slave tried to say something smart. Which they did.

I looked across the hall and saw that Mange had her door wide open, too. I heard yelling and hollering and "stir the pot". I looked behind me and saw inside Mange's place. The front entrance was packed with coats and shit on the floor. Not real shit, but unidentifiable crap. The bathroom was dark and filthy. And all the blinds were drawn, giving her place the cavernous look. Mange was making dinner with the door wide open. Like you would. She was hollering, the poor child was screeching and running. Who makes dinner with the door wide open? Mange Personified.

As we handed our notice, the Slave made some stupid comment to Byron about being clean-shaven. Then he was making some more stupid comments about spit-shining his head. Rat Tail came out from whatever dark corner of his place and ran his hands through his yellowing gray hair. He tried to be funny, saying he wishes he could do something with his hair. Blech.

Toodle-oo Mange and Rat Tail and the Slave. 50 more days until we can squeal out of here, never to look back. Unless we want to shock and appall people with our stories.

Suck it-ingly Yours,
xoxoSallyS

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, but what about the rest of us, who've gotten such enjoyment from your stories?

OK, fine, be selfish and move...

Jane said...

My personal favourite Mange quote: "No shit Sherlock!" This she yelled at her 5 year old while I was visiting.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, yes, the classique hick phrase. Will you miss Mange's mothering tips?

Stephanie said...

Laughing out loud....tears are rolling down my face!