Monday, June 4, 2007

High Kick of Happiness

I am limber as a gymnast these days, since I have been doing my High Kick of Happiness (tm) since Friday. Why? Because I saw The Police!

Sweet Glen and I had floor seats, for which I am forever grateful to Sweet Glen. Floor seats! At an outdoor concert! To The Police! Quelle thrill!

When he arrived on Friday evening, we were grinning foolishly, still incredulous that we were going to the concert. All day Saturday was sort of a daze, and it still felt like a dream even when we listened to the sound check from my balcony. Mind you, throughout the incredulousness, I was still kicking out my joy.

As Glen and I took our seats and got comfortable for the show, four people sat in front of us. We all but high-fived each other when we saw they were tiny people. Not one was over 5"5. But when the show started and The Police took the stage, everyone jumped to their feet. After the first song, the little people left, supposedly for higher ground. I wonder, if you are tiny like that, WHY would you spend good money on floor seats at a rock concert? Surely you don't think everyone is going to be sitting, do you? It's not a Yo-Yo Ma concert, it's The Police and some of us have been waiting all our lives to dance to "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic"! Which I did, by the way. Who am I kidding.. I danced all night long!

I live shockingly close to the stadium; like I said, Glen and I listened to the sound check from my balcony. So after the concert, it took us ten minutes to get home. Along the way, we met these two "good old boys". They thought the effin' concert effin' rocked and Sting is still effin' god. Effin' right! One of them, the quieter of the two, went on about Stewart effin' Copeland and how he effin' keeps effin' good time and he's effin' one of the effin' best effin' drummers of all effin' time. I couldn't help myself. I declared that he had a Man Crush. To which his first response was getting a hooker for the night to show he ain't gay. Glen and I agreed - he doth protesteth too much. They wandered off, effin' into the night.

I still cannot believe I saw The Police. Glen has videos and photos to prove it. I feel another High Kick coming on....

Rocketteingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: