Monday, July 23, 2007

My Maliciousness

Some of you already know that I used to work at CBC Radio. I was all over the country, working as a reporter and producer and anything else I could do to stay with the Mother Corp. But I left four years ago, and have never looked back.

But in those four years since I left my abusive relationship with the Cheeb, I find myself gloating secretly when I hear blunders on-air.

Such as the one right now. I'm listening to CBC over the internet, they just played a song by some local artist, and in the first line, the word f*ck was sung quite audibly. I could almost hear the fluttering of shocked hosts and techs on the speaker. Hee hee! I love when that happens! I also love when I hear news readers flub and dead air. I love it! Relish it! It's mean and malicious, this I know. But from someone who lived in the trenches at countless stations across Canada, it's the sweetest sounds to my ears.

Gloatingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think my favourite is "Uh, we seem to be having some technical difficulties". True technical difficulties are very rare now that everything's computerized. This really means that the guy in the control room did something stupid, like hitting the wrong button.