Friday, October 12, 2007

Growth Spurts

My family is growing.

Jane and Craig are having a baby in December. My brother will be getting married to Nicole, someone he met in New Zealand. I can't wait to meet her - the woman who makes my baby brother so happy. Byron's family feels like mine, now, too. His brother and sister feel like my brother and sister now... without all the history. You know, decades of quarrels, animosity, childhood traumas, and fist fights. Even Byron's aunt and uncle feel like family to me now. It's shockingly nice.

Jane and I have talked about this before, and we would both like to live closer to each other now that she's starting her family. We never grew up around cousins or aunts or uncles. Well, in all honesty some aunts and uncles of ours deserve to be in local loonie bin. We would like to be near each other so our babies can grow up knowing one another. I'd hate to have my nieces and nephews be strangers to me.

Babies and marriages and in-laws... oh my!

Expandingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: