Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want one

Recent months have been rather fruitless on this wee pink blog. I felt I didn’t have anything of worth to say that didn’t make be sound like a bragging douche or a whiney brat. So I kept my fingers still. November turned out to be a bit more productive, and sometimes I think I have something of worth to say.

But I want more.

I want to get nominated for a Canadian Blog award next year. I suppose that means I have to write more, and I need to have readers besides my family. I need to build a following. The funny thing is that I have gone to several social media courses since being in the GoA for the past six months. I have been told how to build a following and how to make blog postings sexy. But that is making blog postings about government stuff sexy. Not making me and my life and my musings sexy. They are already naturally sexy, don’t you know? No? Now you do. My life and my musings are sexy. (psych!)

Do I start a series about how progressively annoying our upstairs neighbours are? Do I blog about our house hunting experience? Do I blog about future attempts to become a mother? Now, there’s bringing the sexy!

I don’t want to do political things. Everyone has their opinion and I don’t think I’m invested enough to care to blog about Iggy or Eddy. Besides, I work in government, and when I am home, I could give a rip about politics. Religion? Hells to the no! I think organized religions are a farce and I don’t want to invite the kooks of the world to bombard me with their “truths”. (Starting right now. If you read that line and get all uppity, take it elsewhere, sister.) I’m not going on some weight loss journey because to me, that’s setting myself up for failure. I have no real hobbies except for cooking, reading and watching TV. Which may explain my need for a weight loss journey, but re-read the line two sentences earlier, please. Do I blog about the weirdos I see on the bus? Because I see a lot of them. A lot.

My head hurts from this existential crisis. So may I be so lazy to ask my seven readers… What do YOU want to read from me?

Satre-esque Yours,

xoxoSallyS

3 comments:

Jane said...

Your best blogs are the funny ones where you write about your everyday experiences and share things that happen to you. You make the small, incidental things that in day-to-day life funny. You have a great outlook on life and see humour in other people and I love reading about that. Your sentimental blogs about family members are excellent, too. Just keep writing what pops in you head. It is obviously working because you do have a following besides family. Don't over think it-just keep writing. It's your gift!

Megan said...

The posts about your funny day-to-day moments are my favourites.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above comments, your day to day experiences/sitings/and comments are usually very humorous, especially the way you see them. Keep on writing ...please. Hope to see pics of the new baby EVElyn soon.