Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tis the Season

In two weeks, Byron and I fly home for Christmas. It's been years since I was this excited for Christmas! But this year, Christmas has a different meaning to me.

Sure, when you're kids, it's all about Santa and presents. As I got older and moved away from home, it was about being around friends and trying not to be homesick. This year, it's about family. All about family. It's not about buying this for that person, or parties, or decorations. It's about being near family and the ones I love the most.

My family has yet to meet Byron, so that's the highlight of my Christmas right there. Plus, Jane and Craig will have their baby by then, so there's another present. Maybe the gifts of Christmas aren't the sweaters and books and things to unwrap, but the people you love.

After all, God is love, and then maybe those people who fight so hard to keep religion in the season can appreciate that the greatest gift out there is love. Whether it's the love of your life, your new niece or nephew, or your family, those are the greatest gifts anyone could ever give.

Merry Christmas,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: