Saturday, September 1, 2007

It's not a Cupcake

I found my wedding dress today. I should be full of glee, and I was at one point today, but not so much anymore. I have some Buzzkills around me.

I can't post a picture, since Byron knows about this pretty pink site, and he might see what I would like to wear on our wedding day.

When I started looking at dresses, I was certain I did not want a strapless dress, a halter dress, nor one with a train or beading. Well, I found a strapless one with some delicate beading and a small train. I love it! I tried it on and I cried. I tried others, too, and, while they were lovely, they did not compare to My Dress. It's a bit more expensive than I wanted to spend, but that just means no more lunches out and I'll have to tighten my purse strings. It's a sacrifice I am willing to make. I look pretty in it, and feel lovely in it. It's My Wedding Dress.

But, like I said, I have some Buzzkills around me.

One would think that if a loved one called with glee in her voice, that you would be excited, too. Instead, I was met with a tone of disappointment and ennui. It's the tone I usually get greeted with from this person when I do something with which she does not agree. Or when she's having a pissy time elsewhere, and I happen to call, I get all the pissiness taken out on me. Either way, this person was not happy for me when I called to tell her I found My Wedding Dress. I also had news that Byron found our church, but I had to get off the phone before I could tell her that. She wouldn't have cared, anyway.

How do you eliminate Buzzkills from your wedding plans? Ideas?

Sadly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

4 comments:

Megan said...

You "forget" to call them or invite them to the wedding, my dear. Then you spend your happy day feeling even happier.

Anonymous said...

Finding "THE" dress is a very special moment, and if it's one that makes you feel like a princess so much so that you can't stop smiling then it's worth a few home made lunches, or less trips to the coffee shop. Don't let anyone take away your happiness, they will be hiding at every decision you have to make when planning your wedding, but it's YOUR'S and Byron's wedding. Enjoy, and remember, you're only royalty for one day - but it's YOUR day and you'll be beautiful!!!! Mala

Anonymous said...

Call me about the dress! I'll squeal with glee, too, I promise!

Stacey and Trevor said...

It's harsh advice but I say cut them out. Hard to do with some folks but you don't need them if they can't share the joys and triumphs with you. You rock THE dress and thanks for letting me be a part of it!