Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Heinous!

I walk past a tailor everyday on my way to and from work, and everyday I wonder what they might be able to do for me and my wedding dress. (You see, I am back to the drawing board with the dress. I have a tattoo across my back that, although I love, I want to hide. Plus mid-September in Alberta might not be the warmest and I don't want to be a blue goosebump in all my photos so a strapless dress might not work best. But I digress.)

So I stopped in yesterday. I was greeted by a semi-friendly gal, who asked me right away how much I wanted to spend on my dress. "$1000, $5000, $10000". I lied and said a grand. She asked why I wanted a dress made and I said I have a very specific idea in my head of my dress and I cannot find it, but I have a pattern.

Then, a weasely old bat from the back came flying out of nowhere and pounced. She said they don't "do" patterns and they make their own on site. And if I took my pattern to a dressmaker, I will only end up with a "homemade garment", she said. And she said the last phrase like she was spatting bile.

I wanted to say to her "what do you think your homemade garment is", but I didn't. I just spat out a vitrious thank-you and huffed out. I was just inquiring, and if you want business, hoochie, you need to be nice... is what I wanted to say.

I found some lovely dresses online and some nice patterns. Now I need to find a nice dressmaker who won't spat at me.

Come home, Cuteness! I miss you!

Nakedly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a great tailor who makes dresses showcasing a 3rd nipple. Let me know if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

Umm, only if this tailor can create a humpback effect. If not, then I don't care.