Thursday, July 24, 2008

Poopy Day

It's been a poopy day so far, and it's not even 9 am.

When I opened my blinds this morning, I saw that our dining room window has streaks of seagull poop on it. On both panes. Huge amounts of dried-on poop. There is my weekend right there. Scraping shit off my window. We used to have a patio of poop until I got some plants and filled it with that. Now, the seagull that used to perch on the patio ledge, stare me down and poop has left. Apparently, he's left shit down the side of my building and onto my window.

My window at work also has bird shit on it. A big ol' streak of white with some brown mixed in for ambiance. I am not sure maintenance is coming around to wash it off.

But my biggest fear here in Victoria has come true. I got shat on.

I GOT POOPED ON!!!

I was walking to work this morning, standing on a corner waiting for a light, when I felt and saw the poop fall on me. Thankfully, it was a just a smidge in my hair and a little bit on my shirt. I took to wretching and ran into a coffee shop. I washed it out and off and cursed mightily. It all came out, since it was wet and white and not a whole lot. But enough to make me gag. When I got to work and told people my ordeal, they all told me that's good luck. Hooey! I think that's just what Victorians say to keep shat-upon tourists quiet. After an early morning wretch (that is not pregnancy related!) I better have some good luck coming down the pipe!

Fecally Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: