Friday, October 3, 2008

The Pot

I have a new obsession. It's my new crock pot. Slow cooker, if you will. We got it as a wedding gift, indirectly. We got lots of gift certificates, so with them, we bought a lovely new crock pot. I love it.

My fun thing to while away the time is looking for recipes. And I gotta say, there is a lot of nasty-ass recipes out there. 15-bean casserole? Really? Why? I found many, far too many recipes for tongue. Barf! My dad might be the only one to lick his chops at the thought of crock pot tongue.

So far, I've made a lovely little pot roast and ribs, both of which you could cut with a knife. You bazz some vegetables in and presto! A meal. I found a recipe for baked beans, which I will try on a weekend where we can fart our brains out and not offend co-workers. I can't wait to try some stews, maybe some soups. Although, I have found recipes for "Crok Pot Banana Bread" and I don't see the need for that. It's called a loaf pan. Use it.

My mother has lovingly reminded me that many newlyweds gain weight in the first year. I scoffed at the time, saying we've been living together for a year now. I think out nesting phase is over. But now that the crock pot is in the house, and a bread maker, too - watch out! Stew and fresh bread? Shut up! That's good times right there! Byron and I try to eat as healthy as we can without being food nazis. Hopefully we can make it though the first of many years of wedded bliss without becoming Gilbert Grape's mother. We shall see.

Having the crock pot reminds me of family and home. And my dad calling it a "Crap Pot" and giggling at his own joke.

Crockingly Yours,
xoxoSallyS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

When are you going to blog about your 'day of the year' book?