Friday, October 31, 2008

Can't Escape!

My workplace is filled mostly with former teachers, so today, there are costumes and face paint galore. Someone just came into our little corner of the floor and wondered what our costumes are. We said "casual Friday government workers". Methinks the witch was not amused.

I passed one woman this morning dressed as a bumble bee. She had black and yellow striped tights (where DO you get those?!), her nose was painted black and she wore a headband with yellow fuzzy balls that jingled. She also looked like on any other day she would be well-dressed and super professional. I passed another woman dressed as a ladybug. At work, I saw the swish of a robe going down the hall and tips of witches' caps above the cubicle walls.

Is there something wrong with me? Is it bad to think these people need to smarten up and leave the costumes for the kids, or at least a venue where booze is served. I think they look ridiculous.

Hmmm, maybe I am the witch.

Scaringly Yours,
xoxoSallyS

No comments: