Thursday, January 3, 2008

Whew!

We are back in Victoria. After 2 1/2 weeks in Dartmouth, Byron and I finally made it home yesterday evening. It's been a gruelling, emotional time, but a great one. Here's what went down...

I became an aunt. Jane gave birth to George David Salter on December 21st. He's a doll! He has reddish hair, bright eyes, chubby cheeks and can hold his head up. I love him.

My family met Byron and he is a smash hit! He quietly suggested my parents get a new computer soon, and they scurried to Future Shop the next day with him in tow and bought a brand new one right there and then. And then Byron spent the next several days setting it up and giving tutorials. My family LOVES him!

Byron also met some friends, namely Becky and Spook and Steve. He really likes them all. It was a lovely meet-and-greet this trip.

I met my brother's girlfriend, Nicole and I like her a lot. She's wonderful for Dave.

There's more, and a million stories to tell. I am back at work now, and completely exhausted. We flew home yesterday, and it was a long haul. We left home early, in case there was some weather woes. They were predicting not one but two storms to blow through Halifax yesterday. We missed them all. Our luggage did not make it to Victoria, but we did, and being in our own bed last night was heaven.

Give me a couple days to digest it all, sleep some, and get life in order back here, and I promise to blog again. And Spook, I promise to blog more.

Obligingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: