Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Laying Plans

So Byron and I need to go to Edmonton this spring for some wedding things. We need to meet with the decorator, book the florist, and book the cake decorator. I think that's it for now. I think.

We've decided to drive there at Easter. Byron and I both work from 6am to 2pm that day, and we're leaving that evening. We'll pick up a rental car, and scoot out of here by 5pm. Pas de naps. Since I've been doing the early shift for so many months, I have the uncanny ability to be up at 5am and chug-a-lug along all day and into the night. Byron - not so much. We'll share the driving duties, but I am really excited to drive through the night and watch the dawn from the road.

Years ago, I drove to South Carolina from Halifax two weeks after I got my license. With the card still warm, I drove through morning rush-hour traffic in Boston. So hitting the mountainous roads of BC isn't that scary. I could be singing a different tune in a couple weeks, though.

So now my days are filled with lists. Lists of what to pack, what to bring, what to do while there, lists and lists and lists. Thankfully, Byron doesn't mind my listing habit. Good thing - I have a list of things for him to bring and do.

Plottingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take care driving over the mountains at night, drink lots of Tims and stay alert. Take along safety items. How long will it take? Still snow up in them thar hills?