Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's a nightmare

I was warned about this. But I just laughed it off. Surely this would not happend to me. I was prepared and ready and very organized, so why would I have nightmares about my wedding? Pfft.

They have begun in earnest.

I had one a week or so ago about the music. Byron and I walked into an empty hall that was beautifully decorated. We were dressed in our wedding gear, and there was no music. Before people came in, we were runing around trying to find CD's worthy of playing. We ended up with a dance mix compilation from 1992, and not our first dance song.

I had two last night. TWO. In the first dream, it was the wedding day and I still didn't have my dress. My mother came in with a dress she found at Sears, but it wasn't so much a dress as a white, beaded skort suit. When my dress came, the front was all lace and see-through. I had to wear a granny bra under my dress for all to see. And it was high necked. And ugly and ill-fitting. I woke up gasping. My dress was ordered about 2 weeks ago.

The second dream wasn't much better. Again, it was the day of the wedding and Byron and I didn't have our rings. I called him and told him to pick some up on his way to the church, like he was picking up some bread on his way home. In my dream, he balked about a ring and said it wasn't that important. I yelled at him that it was and we had a screaming match on the phone. I wonder if I yelled out in real life? Also in real life, Byron has no qualms about a ring and has said he wants to wear one.

Am I in for four more months of this? No wonder brides are exhausted on the wedding day. They don't get a decent night's sleep for months leading up to the event! Dammit!

Tiredly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

2 comments:

The Blueberry Princess said...

I actually found that the nightmares subsided right before the big event. Once my wedding was 2-3 months away and the invitations were in the mail, I slept like a baby! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I need the reassurance.