Thursday, April 3, 2008

A trooper?

You decide... am I a trooper or just plain dumb.

I had FIVE fillings done yesterday. FIVE! I went to the dentist to get sealants on my wisdom teeth. I was told it would take abot an hour. No. Two and a half hours later I emerge with my mouth looking like I had a stroke. Turns out once the dentist scooped the decay from the surface, she found more gunk on the inside of the tooth. What was once to be a simple proceedure turned into jaw-aching hell.

So I sat, and I cringed and gagged as I smelled what I assume to be burnt tooth. It took four shots of whatever they inject to make you numb. The dentist sincerely asked me if I wanted to be numbed. I told her I was no hero and take the feeling away.

Afterwards, I slurred my words and drooled and my lips twisted in weird ways. I was also thirsty as all get out but could not drink. Byron got a kick out of it. So I talked and talked and talked. My thinking was that the more I moved my mouth, my jaw, my lips, the sooner the freezing would wear off. It worked.

But now today, my jaw aches and I can't open my mouth too far. I think it's from having my jaw open so wide for so long.

Flossingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: