Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sugary Shake


I am very excited. Very excited. I am doing Christmas baking this year. In the past, a few cookies and some chocolates would come out of my kitchen, but nothing much. This year, I am around family and we're not travelling, so I can bake non-stop. And I intend to do just that.

Bulk Barn is opening near my house. I am so excited and I realize that makes me a tool. But seriously, I am a whore for bulk sections. Byron can attest to that. Why would I buy my oatmeal in a bag when I can scoop my own out of a bin? Why pay for a can of cocoa when you can just refill the old one? I save pennies, people. PENNIES! The fact the Bulk Barn is opening near my house just before my Christmas baking bonanza begins makes me happier than George stories.


Well, maybe not that happy – my apologies Jane and, more importantly, George. No offense was intended.


So what am I making this year, you ask? I have been collecting recipes and ideas for weeks now. I have made list after list and revised said lists. It’s a mix of old and new recipes. Old as in coconut chocolates and whipped shortbread and ginger cookies. New as in mint chocolate wafers and mint chocolate bark. Obviously, I am a whore for the chocolate-mint combination, too.


The irony of all this hoopla on my part is that Byron lacks a sweet tooth. The man hates icing on cake. He finds sweet and sour meatballs far too sweet. He can turn away from a plate of cookies. How are we married?!?! All my teeth are sweet. So this baking bonanza I am embarking on is all for naught with him. He wants me to give it all away. I will. I have co-workers and family to give my wares to. But I have to taste everything first, you know.


Expandingly Yours,

xoxoSallyS



No comments: