Thursday, January 18, 2007

I LIVE for this shit!

Yeah yeah yeah, it started Monday night with the Golden Globes, but I haven't had, or taken the time to gush about my favourite time of the year... Awards Season.

Forget Chirstmas, forget summer, awards season is the best time of the year. Starting now until April 1st, I live for the awards shows. (I'm being inclusive here with the April 1st date since it's the Junos.) The dates are marked in my day planner at work AND calendar at home. I am such a junkie, I even watch the ECMAs. I could give a rip about Acadian music, or fiddles, or Natalie frigging McMaster. But my obsession compels me to watch the ECMAs. Someone, save me from myself!

I will not gush about who looked good and who made me grimace, there are enough blogs to do that, and god bless them for it. I am exposing myself to the humiliation of admitting I love awards shows. I know who's who, I know who they've worked with, where they got their big break, their upcoming projects, who they're dating, who they were dating, you name it! I am the walking talking version of People magazine. Growing up, my sister was always amazed at the amount of useless information about complete strangers I have in my head. I feel like a twitty teenaged girl.

How do I know all this crap? You got me. How do I know Mymorningjacket is from Kentucky? I don't know. How do I know where Reese Witherspoon is from (Tennessee, by the way)? I don't have an answer. I don't buy trashy magazines (I have a rant coming about magazines), but I will have Entertainment Tonight on in the evenings when I check email. I love those gossip websites, but usually just for the photos. How have I amassed a Cliff Clayvin-esque knowledge of the stars is beyond me. I blame osmosis.

So, dear friends, in the future, if you need to know anything on Hollywood celebs, call me. Just do not call me on Grammy Night, Oscar Night, Juno Night, ECMA Night, or Gloden Globe Night. I will cut you.

Oooh.. look! LiLo's in rehab!
xoxoSally

No comments: