Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Take a Chance on Me?

I'm at a crossroads. I'm in a scented dilemma. I have fallen for another fragrance, and I don't know if I can break it off with my first perfumed love.

I wear Pleasures by Estee Lauder and have done so for going on 10 years now. It's my scent. My smell. My scarves smell of Pleasures. My bras smell like Pleasures. I smell like Pleasures. But another bouquet has tickled my nose.

My mom (dear, sweet Hillie) knit and sent me a lovely scarf. She sprayed it with perfume she has... Chance by Chanel. I am smitten. She didn't really spritz it, she said, it was more like dropping the bottle on it. So I wore the scarf today, sans Pleasures, to test the smell on me. I figure there's enough perfume on the scarf (it is stiff with scent) for a proper test. I went to a shop at lunch and picked up a sample and sprayed more on. I love it! It's fresh and floral! It smells clean and kicky!

I've gone around my office today asking people to smell me. "Smell my neck!" I demand to people who walk into my office. (It's a close knit office, thank god. Otherwise, I'd have a harassment suit.)

I'm running low on Pleasures and need to get a new bottle soon. But I'm lost... Pleasures or Chance. Do I remain loyal or do I commit one of the biggest infidelties of a single gal's life, right after cheating on haridressers, and switch perfumes?

I promise you, though, I will never wear Eternity again.

Smelling lovely,
xoxoSallyt

3 comments:

Glen said...

I'm all for the Eternity ban. I may not be the best person for advice, I've been using Old Spice (hold the laughter) for years and am hesitant to change.

But I say, take the Chance, I've never been able to say no to ABBA.

Stacey and Trevor said...

The world must be coming to an end if you are even considering switching. Sally without Pleasures?

Cin said...

I wear Chance; it's great.

Isaac wants to say he woves you, btw!