Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Oh how I wish I was dancing on a road of yellow bricks last night. How I wish. Instead, I was surrounded by the tiniest people this side of Oz. I went to a Latin dance club.

A friend, her sister and her friend and I went to this club last night. None of us have been out in months, and we were all looking forward to cutting loose. This club was like walking into an alternate universe.

I wear heels when I go out. I am 5"9, mofos, and I love to wear heels, so I was darn near 6 foot last night. Combined with the rest of me, I am not a shrinking violet. You can see me come a mile away. Big girl with big hair and big boobs, watch yourself. I did not see one person last night, other than my companions, who reached my shoulder. Men and women. Or should I say, boys and girls.

So I just got a couple of gins, got comfy as I could on a wooden bench, and watched the munchkins twirl and fling each other around the dancefloor. The men were a cross between a chihuahua and the Gotti boys. The girls were miniscule and loud.

We left after an hour. I must say, though, I had a great laugh. Although it was a bar I would sooner eat glass than visit again, I laughed all night. What's a girl to do in a sitch like that? Sit back, observe the insanity and laugh. Forget clicking ruby slippers.

And I am not even hungover. Snaps for me!
xoxoSally

No comments: