Monday, February 12, 2007

India?

An opportunity presented itself this weekend that is irresistable. A friend from work called to ask me if I wanted to go to India with her and her brother in March. I'm also really good friends with the brother, who also worked with me at one point. I mentioned him in an earlier post, his departure made me sad. But I digress. The point is I was asked to go to India this spring. INDIA!

India has always fascinated me, and it's one place I would love to see before I die. Plus, these friends I would go with speak the language and are Indian in heritage. Built-in tour guides! I won't get lost or worse if I go with them! There are plans to see the Taj Mahal, and ancient Muslim shrines at Elephanta caves (look it up, fascinating!). It's such an intoxicating thought.

The plane fare is $1800, plus all my spending money. I'm looking at $25-2800. Of course, I don't have that kind of money right now. Are you on glue?!?! I have thrown it out to the Universe, and if I am meant to go, things will fall into place.

So maybe the Universe would like me to take donations. Any and all are appreciated, my beautiful friends. In return, I promise not to buy a sari and sport that bad-boy like my name is Mahatma. Nor will I get henna or a bindi. It'd be like my Indian friends going to Nova Scotia and returning with Sou'westers and kilts. Tacky.

With my eyes clinched, I pray that this plan can come through somehow. Pleasepleaseplease!!

xoxoSallyt

2 comments:

Megan said...

You could always get a sari and wear it like a kilt. Or draw henna designs with a Bic pen. Call it fusion culture.

Cin said...

Get a credit card ang go!!!!!