Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Boobies Will Never Be the Same

I had my first mammogram today.

Nothing alarming, just a baseline test so my new (and delightful) doctor knows what he's working with. I had heard horror stories and complaints about how much mammograms hurt. It wasn't so bad. But the mortification was killer! You're topless with you girl smashed out in front you, while some technician is cupping your boob. I kept chanting "she's a professional" to myself the whole time.

I started to giggle, though, as I looked down and saw my pasty white boob squashed out. And these boobs, let me tell you, when squashed out, take up a lot of space. A lot. Shockingly so. My breast looked absurd! They don't look sexy or functional or even human. They look ridiciulous.

I did meet a couple of older ladies who were there for mammograms, too. And they called me dear, and told me I was quite young for a mammogram. Bless their little souls for calling me young! Oh the Sisterhood of Squished Boobies!

Perkily Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: