Sunday, February 18, 2007

To the Fates: "Nyah, Nyah!"

For the first time since October, I went outside without my heavy winter coat, scarf, mitts, hats, and all other seasonal accountrements! What a delight! The sun hasn't warmed me since the fall. As I walked to the grocery store and back, my cheeks turned that cute red from a nippy wind instead of that raw, chapped red of a windchill. I came home and opened windows as I cleaned. My house now smells fresh and lemon-y. It feels like spring and I love it. What heaven!

Even closer to heaven is the fact my neighbours in the house next to my building are moving out...I think. I see them hauling boxes of self-declared "shit" out of their house. They're drug dealers and I am giddy at the thought of not looking out my side windows to see "popeye your dead dyke" spray painted on the side of their house. Perchance to dream.

What a red letter day!

With a spring in my step,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: