Friday, May 11, 2007

Hello, My Fans!

Thank you, sweet friends, for your words of encouragement of late. They, and you, mean more to me than you will ever know. Thank you for reading this pretty pink page, and thank you for telling me you like it.

When I started blogging, I did it simply to get my thoughts out of my head. I have a million of them, and this was my way of clearing my head, and spouting off on the absurdity of the world. I told a few people I had the blog, and then posted it on my Facebook page. And since then, I have gotten several messages from you saying you like my words. That makes my heart sing!

I got into journalism way back when as a way to write stories for a living. Foolish me didn't realize those stories came after years of slogging in the field, covering crime and crap. Now, I write for a living, but it's brochures and websites and not the things in my head. I wish I had a job where I could write creatively for a living. Hey now... that would make me a writer!!

That's my only desire from this life... to write as much as I can for a large audience. I have books in my head, complete with chapters and characters and plots! I have a children's book series in my head. I can see the characters as I write the tales. Maybe I will get my stories illustrated, and print them off myself for my little niece or nephew coming! I have short stories, and this blog, and words just spilling out of me all the time! If ONLY I had an avenue to get those words out and someone pay me for them!

Hmmm... I need a husband who will work to support us, while I write. I will keep a clean house and make supper and make sure he has clean underpants. But I will write and write and write. Are there any takers? Anyone? Anyone?! You'll be married to a future best-selling author! Anyone? No...? Okay. I figured as much.

But I thank you for your words of encouragement. Thank you for being my muse, my sounding board, and, most importantly, my audience.

Taking a Deep Bow,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: