Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I Have So Much Love


MY SISTER IS PREGNANT!'

Jane and Craig are expecting their first baby in December, and I am so excited to become an aunt! My dear friends have known this news since I came back from Abu Dhabi, but I am shouting it from the rooftops! My sister is going to be a mom! It was the best souvenir I could bring back from Abu Dhabi.

On my last Monday there, Jane woke up and was still not feeling right. She keeps a very close eye on her body, so she knew there was something amiss. We went for coffee, and she stopped and got a home pregnancy test. We came home, and she did her thing on the stick and we waited. She sent me to the bathroom to check for her, and sure enough, there was the pink dot. I closed the cap and calmly walked to the living room and said nothing. She raced past me, to the bathroom and saw the dot for herself. I will never forget her face that day. Ever. She started laughing and crying at the same time, she started jumping and hugging. She called Craig and he came home to be with her. In that one moment, I saw what true love and pure happiness is.

I have never been so full of love for something that isn't even born yet! That tiny little baby growing in Petite's tiny little body is loved so much already by the people around it.

To Jane and Craig, I promise to be a good aunt. I will love for and care for your baby. Will babysit and give you a break when you need it. I promise not to give you toys that make noise, but promise me this... do not call me "Aunt" or "Auntie" or any variation thereof. That's tacky.

Familially Yours,
xoxoSallyt

2 comments:

Megan said...

Whoohoo!

Becky Pitts said...

Hi Sals,

This made me cry! Congrats to Petite and Hilly (aka Glamma) and the rest of the family!

Becky
xoxo

P.S. May I suggest that you acclimatize Blanche in advance through the use of a doll.