Tuesday, May 1, 2007

But I Didn't Do That Many Drugs!

I have a problem remembering some things. Candie is witness to my problem. I can remember recipes after reading them once, I kick ass at that Memory game, and I can recall who won what award for what role. But ask about my past and I just shrug my shoulders.

Every now and then, while talking with Candie, something will trigger us back to the strange days at ABC. That's Atlantic Baptist College for you uninitiated. And yes, I was there for 2.5 years. Those years sucked ass, and the only good thing to come out of it was a desire to want more from my life than a weak husband and a slew of children. Oh yeah, and my friendship with Candie. But I digress.

Anyway, something triggers a memory of ABC for Candie and she asks me if I remember when so-and-so did this and I said that. Huh? I usually do not. I honk "what" to her and wonder if I, indeed, ever threatened to throw someone into a field. I can't remember old friends who, at the time, meant the world to me. It's all a blur. And I was at Baptist College!! It's not like I had access to hard drugs there to erase my memory!

Which brings me to Facebook. Or what I like to call "Online Heroin". I love it. Love it, love it, love it! I have connected with old friends, lovers, and family. But every now and then, and it happened today, someone made a reference to something that apparently happened. It was from an old friend from high school (!) and I had no clue what she was talking about. None. When it comes to high school, the only thing I remember is hating every second. That's about it.

So I wonder... when I'm an old woman, will I tell my grandchildren how to make this zesty sauce I made once back in 2001, or will I be able to tell them about the woman I was? Thank god for blogs and journals!

Thoughtfully Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: