Thursday, April 26, 2007

All Aboard the Peasant Wagon!

I made a greivous error this morning. I took the bus in the late morning.

I take the bus everywhere. I don't have a car and although I want one, cannot afford one so I get on the Peasant Wagon. On weekdays, I am on the bus in rush hour. So in the morning everyone is fresh and showered and deoderized. In the afternoon, everyone is a staler version of their morning selves. But it's the bus at mid-day and late night that is scariest. The late night crowd are freaks and drunks and look like they'll make lampshades from your skin. Thus, I avoid late night bus trips at all costs. But it's the mid-day crowd that drives me crazy. It's because they are crazy.

This morning was especially ripe with fruits. One woman was yammering about the new art gallery being built here in Edmonton. She talked like she was in the know. To her, it is a waste of money and it's going to be ugly. But her biggest complaint was that the architect is from the States. Crackpot thinks the architect should be from Edmonton. It's not the unique shape of the building that's so offensive, nor the millions of dollars it'll cost, but that Joe Schmuck the Architect from Edmonton didn't design it.

Someone else was talking about what the government should do about housing prices. He went on and on how he's being gouged and he's on a fixed income and the government should help him. According to him, because he's on a fixed income, he should live where ever he pleases for free. Yeah, buddy? Well, I want to marry George Clooney but we all don't get what we want, now do we?

Now you know why I call the bus the Peasant Wagon.

Buses in the mid-day are full of weirdos; the mentally unstable, those who think the world owes them everything, and they all smell bad. And now that it's hot out, they're all wearing shorts and sandals and it's getting grosser. I have never seen such a wide array of thick, yellow toenails attached to pale, palsied legs in my life! I'm angry now, and taking it out by insulting appearances. Must end here before I go too far.

Next time, I will not forget my MP3.

Transitingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: