Monday, April 16, 2007

Back to the Grind

... and I am not happy about it.

I came to work super early this morning, since I still get up at dawn (hats off to you, Circadian Rhythms). As I came in and no one was here yet, I could sense a change. Then as people trickled in and news was exchanged, I could tell something was up. I have a few meetings this week, so maybe something will come of my spooky spidey senses. Or perhaps I am full of shit.

I am not thrilled to be here. At all. It's kind of making me sad, really. All weekend, I was alone. All alone, and that's a shock when you have just spent 2 weeks carousing with your sister. But even that sick sense of lonliness feels better than what I have going on here at work. It's time to move on, I think. Maybe this is just the post-vacay blues. Or maybe I'm just full of shit.

On a funny note, my 92 year old grandmother asked me this weekend if I had met any men in Abu Dhabi. It was her first question about my trip. She also advises me that it's time for me to "settle down and take a man's name". At least she's not questioning my sexuality anymore.

Blahingly Yours,
xoxoSally

No comments: