Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Horse Races, Dhaling




Here are a couple more pictures from my trip. The day after I landed, Jane, Craig and I whizzed up to Dubai for the World Cup horse races. Jane and Craig make fun of their little car, "The Lancer", but it was a fine set o' wheels to me. Craig wanted to get to the races in the late afternoon so by the time we made it to our hotel, he was in a mad rush. Jane and I still laugh at the thought of the three of us screeching up in front of the Crown Plaza in La Lancer, piling out like fools, and rushing around the lobby.

We made it to the races and had a lovely day. It was bizarre, though, to see these people all dressed up in their finery eating shwarmas off styrofoam plates in a big field. Craig got a free bottle of champagne with his ticket, so we indulged in the champagne area called "Bubble".

Jane and I have similar voices, and very similar senses of humour. Both of us were looking around Bubble and appreciating God's humour (read: making fun of people). At the same time, we both clapped eyes on this tubby British guy and his chubby gal pal making out. We both saw tongue. And we both started screeching and screaming and laughing. We called him Jabba the Hut. We figured that Jabba was going home to have sloppy drunk sex with his poor girlfriend and imagined what Jabba would look and/or smell like in the morning. Seriously, it was the highlight of the races for me. I hope Craig wasn't too embarrassed.

Sarcastically Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: