Monday, April 23, 2007

Kicky Old Women

If you read this blog, you know I have a soft spot for kicky old women. The ones who couldn't give a damn what people say or think of them. I love them and secretly yearn to be like them. One day, in about 30 years time, you will see me hitting the streets with glittery glasses and capes and paunchy hats. I will throw my head back with pride and say "suck it"! I cannot wait!

To hold me over, I will spot and relish the kicky old women of today.

To wit, I saw one this afternoon that killed me! She was across the street from my office, sitting at a bus stop. It was warm out today (double digits, no less!) and she had on this long, purple coat and white tam. A tam! Could it be any cuter!? Then she had on these massive sunglasses, but I already own a pair, so no big deal. She had a walker and while she was waiting for her bus, she was mowing down on chips. Just ramming them into her mouth. She licked her fingers with glee. She was smacking her lips. She was truly enjoying herself! I loved her for her sheer abandonment of what others may think!

Don't even get me started on old men. I love them. LOVE them. Not in an Anna Nicole way, but I love them nonetheless. When I see an especially feeble one, I just want to wrap them in blankets and feed them soup. My dad is going to be one. My grandfather was one. So was his brother.

But I can't grow up to be an old man, just a loony old lady. Cannot wait!

Agingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: