Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I am a drooling fool

How I manage to survive in the world of computers is beyond me. How I can be 31 years old and be so shaky with software and gadgets and technical stuff is absurd! Text messaging? Pfft! You got me! I just got an mp3, and I love it, but know the very basics on how to use it. I don't have a cell phone, I have basic cable, I just got a DVD player, and the computer I just got came second-hand (I love it, Stace, and thank you for it!). I am not a techincal gal.

So what made me think I could fix my own computer?

It went on the fritz on Saturday. I couldn't turn it on and it just kept rebooting with the same message... I could choose Safe Mode, Last Good Configuration, or Start Windows. I tried all of them but with no luck. I patiently waited until a computer whiz I share my office with once a week came in yesterday. He suggested I had to fix it from a disc. So I ran home, found the stack of discs that Stace sent with the computer and flicked the one I saw that said "Repair"into the machine. It was sitting right next to the handbook with "Installing Windows XP" on it. I clicked a few times, hit enter and ta-da! I erased my computer. When the time came to install the Windows disc, I searched fruitlessly for it. I erased my computer without having the right disc to get it all back. DAMMIT!

Shitballs! Do I have to go out and buy Windows XP? And then how do I get what's in the box into my computer? I wish I had a brainy boyfriend (or a friend) to do this for me. While he's fixing my computer, I could fix him a lovely meal.

I just want my Limewire, my MSN Messenger, and my email back again! Is that so much to ask!

Stupidly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: