Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sweet Jesus

I leave for Abu Dhabi in a week, and I am sick. Not the sniffles or a tummy ache, but the flu. I am dizzy as a bat and climbing into bed is a chore when your legs feel like cement. I don't even have an appetite, which is the clearest sign I am not well. I went home yesterday and crawled from my bed to couch all afternoon. Dammit!

I couldn't even go to Story Slam last night, which I love going to and reading at. On Story Slam days (3rd Wednesday of every month), I usually write my story to read that night on my lunch break. I have an idea or two floating in my head, and the first paragraph comes to me as I walk around town. But yesterday, I was a mess and couldn't write my own name, let alone a short story! As I lay in bed shivering, my heart was at Story Slam. I'm also starting a Writers Circle with some other writers from there.

This better clear up before I fly out next week. You hear me, flu bugs!? You have seven days to shape up and ship out. You are NOT coming to Abu Dhabi with me!

Phlegmingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: