Monday, March 26, 2007

Introducing... Sadness

I just read the Rheostatics are disbanding. They are hands down one of my favourite bands. Their 1993 album, "Whale Music", would be one of my desert island discs. I love them live, I love them on my stereo, I love them period. I have a serious crush on Martin Tielli. I have seen them live several times. I have run across a coffee shop I once worked at to tell the bassist, Tim Vessely, I loved his music. "Shaved Head" breaks my heart every time I hear it. To me, the Rheostatics are the quintessential Canadian band. Their soaring melodies and intricate lyrics embody this country.

And if you have no idea who or what I have just raved about, please look it up. Trust my, sweet friends, you will fall in love, too.

I need to go home and soothe myself with the Rheostatics.

Distraughtingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: