Friday, March 2, 2007

Take My Breath Away

I've had this happen for a while, and it just happened again. I think I saw someone I once knew well. Since moving to Edmonton more than a year ago, there have been many times where I think I saw someone who once meant a lot to me. It takes my breath away. And then I realize it's not them. One of them was a giant mistake, and the other one is my kryptonite. I knew both of them in Yellowknife. The mistake lives in Edmonton and the kryptonite moved to Edmonton the same time I did.

It happens like this... I'll be walking down the street, or on the bus, or (in the most recent case, and the inspiration for this post) sitting in my corner office looking out the window, and I'll see a man who looks just like one of the aforementioned. I gasp, do a double take, stare very creepily, and realize that it is not, in fact, the man who broke my heart.

The mistake was just that... a giant mistake. He decorated his own leather coat for god's sake, what was I thinking!? The kryptonite turned me into mush everytime I was near him. I lost all sense and sensibility around him and usually made a fool of myself.

Sometimes I wish I could run into both of them, confront the ghost of men past and move on. But knowing my luck, I would do so on the day I looked like a hairball. I would take a deep breath and walk away.

Heart-breakingly Yours,
xoxoSallyt

No comments: